Saturday, August 21, 2010

When does a SAHM's workday start?

I'm starting my work shift a little late today. :) I mean, I know stay-at-home moms are always on duty, but I feel like I should devote some amount of time to checking things off my to-do list.

This morning I posted a status on my facebook:

on the agenda for today: price our donations for the School of Saint Mary's yard sale, pack for our trip to visit Mary's grandparents and great-grandparents, clean the hall bathroom, address thank you notes to mail Monday, and research diaper sprayers - surely I can find something that'll work that's less than 45 bucks!


Then I promptly went back to sleep. I can't decide if getting too much sleep is making me tired, or if taking care of a newborn is catching up to me. Last night I got into bed a little after midnight. I didn't get up for the day until close to eleven. The baby and I woke up at two, four, six, and eight. Roughly. Each time she went back to sleep quickly after nursing, so that was nice. After the last feeding she was pretty ready to be up for the day (and I say that loosely as she still sleeps a ton!), and I was not. She wasn't happy in the co-sleeper and even though I've fallen asleep with her in my arms in bed, I don't like to. Luckily around 9:15, Mr Oh heard us, and volunteered to move to the recliner with the babe. What a dear.

Anyways, after getting out of bed for the day, I showered, made lunch, ate lunch, and....that's about it. Oh, I also took a mini-nap.

Now it's almost six and time to start crackin' on my list of things to-do!

No comments:

Post a Comment